Friday, November 20, 2009

Lovely flower-like things

This video log intrigued me today ....

"First, I know that I have the ability to achieve the object of my definite purpose in life. Therefore, I demand of myself persistent continuous action towards its attainment, and I here and now promise to render such action. Second, I realize the dominating thoughts of my mind will eventually reproduce themselves in outward physical action and gradually transform themselves into physical reality. Therefore, I will concentrate my thoughts for 30 minutes upon the task of thinking of the person I intend to become, thereby creating in my mind a clear mental picture."

-Think and Grow Rich


YES!

I like it.

These words couldn't have come along at a more ideal time. This week I have made a new commitment to myself, to show up to my computer or camera or what-have-you every morning, just as I would for any other job. I think I'm finally taking myself a bit more seriously.

It's a nice feeling, really.

And the idea of re-training my thoughts again ... seems to be a persistent theme in my life lately. It's something I am finding to be a bit of a challenge. I am slowly changing. I am having to re-create my habits, my tendencies, my thought patterns.....

It is a lot of work. But it is good.

So. On that note, back to work. Here's a lovely flower-like thing to brighten your day :)





No comments:

Post a Comment