Thursday, November 12, 2009

New thoughts

Several years back, I read a book that made a light go off in my head. It talked about manifesting things in your life. About the law of attraction. I was intrigued. Like attracts like, it said. You are what you continually think about.

I took off running with new goals, new mantras, new lists of possibilities. I'm not sure if I truly believed it all, though. And I began to slip up, something-or-other wouldn't work out, this or that relationship would fail, opportunities seemed to slip through my hands. I definitely stopped believing. I set out to simply have a good attitude and remind myself of how fortunate I am, to simply appreciate what I do have. Even now, I am always prepared for failure or disappointment.

Which means my thoughts are focused on things being disappointing or not working out, increasing the likelihood of this happening.

I don't know if any of you have read The Secret, but this book came into my life again lastnight, and I think it's for a reason. I need to focus on changing my thoughts. I might be inspired and driven and hopeful for a fragment of my day, but there are so many moments when I'm caught up in negative thinking. I wrote down a few lines from the book that intrigued me. I hope they give you some motivation to be aware of your own thoughts. Powerful stuff.

"
Everything that's coming into your life you are attracting into your life. And it's attracted to you by the virtue of the images you're holding in your mind. It's what you're thinking. Whatever is going on in your mind you are attracting to you.
-----
If you are complaining, the law of attraction will powerfully bring into your life more situations for you to complain about. If you are listening to someone else complain and focusing on that, sympathizing with them, agreeing with them, in that moment, you are attracting more situations to yourself to complain about.
"

Some interesting things to ponder......

I'll leave you with an image from the playground - this image makes me happy. I want to stay with that happy feeling, and breed some positive thoughts in my head. Happy Thursday, friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment